Friday, November 9, 2012

Time Zones


Canada is a very big country, and with the digital age, world-wide communication is much more prevalent. Learning how time zones work is a life skill.

Using the link provided in scoopit on the right or a source of your own choosing, blog the following questions.
1. What is the total time difference from one end of the country to the other?


2. It takes about 3 hours for a commercial jet to travel the distance from Winnipeg to Toronto, including landing and taking off. If you left Winnipeg at 4:00 pm on Friday, what time would you land in Toronto?

3. Continuing with the question above, if you left Toronto at 7:00 pm Sunday, what time would you land in Winnipeg?

4. I need to email Mrs Nowosad an assignment by 4:00 pm, at the latest. I tell Mrs Nowosad I will email the assignment by 4, my time. Where in Canada should I go to gain extra time to do the assignment? How much extra time would I gain?

5. Create your own question. Blog the question

No comments:

Post a Comment